Steve's pick is the 4th selection in our series.
1. Shiraz Ramzan – one of the best players that I’ve ever played with. Great bowler, even better batsman, and a cracking fielder too. Would love to have him back playing with us next season.
2. Matt Boyd – great bowler, always seemed to take wickets every week. Devastating batsman when he got going too. The only guy I’ve seen score a ton at Polwarth.
3. Neil Craigmile – one of the 1st Tranent players to come in to bolster the depleted PV team following the merger this season. A great guy, steady batsman, 24/7 positive attitude, and a safe pair of hands behind the sticks (apart from when he’s keeping to me ).
4. James Nicholson – only played 1 game with James, but he made a huge impression with his energy, enthusiasm and his captaincy. Probably the sharpest fielder I’ve taken the field with.
5. Ian Patterson – a steady hand in the middle order. Great to bat with and also a vastly-underrated bowler. I kept to him while he rattled through Heriots in my 1st season at the club, taking 8 wickets.
6. Graeme Barrie – before this season I’d only played once or twice with G. Whenever he played he seemed to get injured. This season has been completely different. Always seemed to pop up with wickets and runs at the vital moment. Kept a cool head during the uncertainty of the merger too.
7. Ian Hawkins – who could forget Hawkeye? Even though he’s a Rangers fan, he still makes the squad! Tidy, efficient bowler and very useful with the bat. Another guy that I’d love to see back at the club.
8. Adam Forsyth – not seen much of Adam this season, but a cracking quick with real pace and movement. A great opening bowling, getting the opposition on the defensive right from ball 1.
9. Mike Brunton – another welcome Tranent face that came into the merged 2nd team. Mr Dependable with the bat, always seeming to chip in with runs at the right time. A very tidy bowler and a very safe pair of hands too. My nomination for 2s player of the season.
10, Gregor Brunton – a young lad with a big future. A cracking bowler with pace and movement. Definitely one to watch next season.
11. Gary Wicksted – my car-share campadri and fellow wicketkeeper. Loves scoring more than actually playing and has the most impressive pencil case I’ve ever seen.